Saturday, June 09, 2007

I Remember Her

An elderly man walks into a hospital to get stitches out of his hand - and he is pensive and always looking at his watch.

An orderly takes him in and starts the procedure. The man is still pensive looking at his watch.

The orderly asks him if he is in a hurry, the elderly man replies, he has to go soon, it is almost time.

The orderly asks him about his life and his desire to get going.

The elderly man replies - I have to have breakfast with my wife, we have breakfast every day at home?

You see my wife has Alzheimer’s and every day I have breakfast with her.

The orderly asks why? Why do you go every day when she doesn’t remember who you are???

The elderly man replies with emphasis, “She may not remember who I am, but I remember who she is!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's deep... really deep.. wish I have partner like that... ish...